Guess what? Due to the consistent nagging by awesome AP teacher Stella D., I finally got around to packaging and uploading the first unit I use in my AP Spanish Language and Culture classes to my store in Teachers Pay Teachers!
If you are following my TPT store, you should get an email when the product goes "live" and is ready to purchase ($20.)
This is the first unit in my AP Spanish Language and Culture Class: La vida contemporánea, with a focus on the culture of Chile.
Included in this unit:
- 12 "Tópicos del día" - culture topics with links to authentic resources to present and discuss in Spanish in class
- Teacher Notes explaining what to do/say in class for each topic/link)
- Authentic Readings taken from web articles, blog posts, etc. and simplified to use in class
- Questions, activities, and worksheets to go with the Tópicos
- Practices for the Free Response section of the AP Spanish Language and Culture exam (email, essay, conversation, and presentation)
- Two debate topics for fun Debate Days in Spanish (I sometimes do this with a food activity, where students bring a dish from Chile to share)
Please share this post with any AP Spanish teachers you know who are looking for ideas for the "Vida contemporánea" theme!